Friday 19 March 2010

Roads

Last Friday I met with our County Councillor and some Surrey County Council Highways Officers. The following is worth reporting:

On potholes they are targeting the A roads first before fixing residential roads. I highlighted the worst of the roads around the South Oxted area, but residents should report any particularly concerns directly to the County Council via their website. Unfortunately it is likely to take a long time before our roads are back to normal.

On the problem on Hurst Green Road, the County are currently publicly consulting on a plan for no waiting restrictions on the stretch of hill from mini-roundabout to where it turns. Regrettably I think this is not the best option as the stretch involved is not the whole of the problem and in enforcing no-waiting along the all of the identified area will just cause the problem to shift again. I have asked the County to consider instead putting in passing places to make the road safe for all users, while minimising the impact further down the road.I will report back if I hear any more.